2 cups almonds (badam) , soaked in water for 5-6 hours and peeled
1/2 gm saffron (kesar) strands , powdered
6 to 8 cups sugar , powdered
5-6 cardamom (elaichi) , crushed
- Blend the almonds in a mixer to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat a deep pan and add 3 cups of water.
- Add the sugar, mix well and stir till it brings to a boil and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder , saffron and almond paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, cool completely and pour the syrup in an airtight jar.
- Store refrigerated and serve chilled with milk and ice