3 cups seedless and grated dates
1/2 grinded figs
1/2 cup ghee
1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/4 cup grinded edible gum (gaund)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped almond
1/4 cup pistachio slivers
1/4 cup grated dry coconut
oil for greasing
- Combine the dates and figs in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the pan add the dates, figs and ghee and saute for 2 minutes on a medium flame.
- Add the wheat flour and saute till it turns to golden brown.
- Add the goundh, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, almonds and pistachios, mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Grease the tray and spread the mixture evenly.
- Garnish with grated coconut and allow it to set for 15 minutes.
- Cut into equal portions and store in a air-tight container.