Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 6 to 8 tikkis
2 cups finely chopped and steamed spinach (palak)
1/2 tbsp cornflour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
3 to 4 potatoes , boiled and peeled
1/2 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
1 slit green chilli , chopped
1/2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
salt and freshly ground black pepper powder to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 cup oil
- In a deep bowl, combine spinach,corn flour, bread crumbs, salt,pepper and mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal parts and keep aside.
- In a another bowl, add potato, paneer,ginger,salt,green chilli, coriander and red chilli powder and mix well. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Fill in potato mixture with spinach stuffing and press it lightly and give it a shape of tikki.
- Heat oil in a non-stick tawa, cook tikkis on aslow flame till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot with curds or meetha chutney.