Parantha Rajasthani, blending of three flours and adding spices and pastes adds great taste to this parathas
1/2 cup bajra (black millet) flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1/2 cup besan (bengal gram flour)
1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
1 tsp crushed green chillies
1/2 cup tomato puree
3 tbsp onion paste
1 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
1 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
2 tsp pickle masala
salt to taste
1/2 tsp chilli powder
2 tbsp oil for cooking
whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and add very little water if required as tomato puree is added, knead into a soft-stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out into a circle of 125 mm. (5″) diameter using little flour for rolling.
- Cook on a hot tava, using little oil, until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining dough to make 7 more parathas.
- Serve hot with pickle on curd