Club spinach is my son’s favourite starter…and i am sure many of you’ll will like it!!
1 1/2 cups besan (bengal gram flour) ( bengal gram flour)
salt to taste
1 tsp chilli powder
a pinch of turmeric (haldi) powder
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1 slit green chilli chopped
3 potatoes boiled and mashed
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
16 spinach (palak) (palak)
1/4 tsp dried mango powder (amchur) (dry mango) powder
oil for frying
- Combine Bengal gram flour, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander and ¼ cup water and mix well till smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add potatoes, onions, remaining salt, amchur powder and green chilli and sauté on a medium flame for sometime.
- Spread the above mixture on a flat spinach leaves and cover it with another spinach leaves.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip it in the Bengal gram flour paste and deep fry till it turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve Hot with tomato ketchup.